Zurich, 20-24 June 2022.
Solstice of Foundations 2022 was a summer school on quantum foundations hosted by ETH Zurich and Squid. It provided a solid introduction to current approaches and problems within foundational research, and is tailored for junior researchers entering the field, like masters and PhD students, as well as postdocs.
The school was a hybrid event: all lectures were streamed live on our YouTube channel and on the ETH streaming platform. The videos will stay up on YouTube on this playlist. A Discord server provided support for online and in-person attendees. Live lectures took place in room HCI J3, ETH Hönggerberg, Zurich.
- Generalized physical theories – John Selby, International Centre for Theory of Quantum Technologies, Gdansk, Poland [lecture notes]
- Nonlocality in quantum theory and beyond – Paul Skrzypczyk, University of Bristol, UK [slides]
- Universality and undecidability – Gemma de Las Cuevas, University of Innsbruck, Austria [part 1] [part 2]
- Epistemic theories – Matthew Leifer, Chapman University, USA [slides]
- Contextuality – David Schmid, International Centre for Theory of Quantum Technologies, Gdansk, Poland [slides]
- Advanced quantum information techniques for foundations – Victoria J Wright, ICFO, Spain [part 1 (slides)] [part 2 (notes)]
- Applying quantum foundations to computational linguistics – Konstantinos Meichanetzidis, Quantinuum & Cambridge Quantum Computing [slides] [demo of sentence to string diagram]
- Quantum reference frames – Esteban Castro, ETH Zurich, Switzerland [lecture notes] [list of references]
List of posters here.
No responses yet